This is just a hodge-pods of random thoughts since I really have nothing substantial with which to write a complete post. So here we go:
1. I got a weird boost in Pinterest followers. What makes it weird is that they are all following my “Interior Design” board. This boggles my mind. First, while Pinterest inspires people to get creative and create original things for their homes and whatnot, most of the pins aren’t original; they’re just repins. Other than my blog post announcements, I think I maybe posted two or three original pins. So it’s not like I’m providing cutting-edge content. Secondly, I am no master in interior design. In fact, just the idea of home decor and setting up house makes me tired. My apartment still kind of looks like a college kid’s: no color scheme, no accent walls, furniture I’ve had since I was a kid and rando pictures on the walls. I am okay with this. The only reason I have an “Interior Design” board in the first place is because I like looking at pretty pictures of other people’s efforts and thinking to myself, “Hmmm, maybe someday…” with no real commitment because we all know it’ll never happen. So I’m not sure how all these people got my number, but they’re bound to be disappointed if they’re not already. Nate Berkus I am not.
2. Speaking of Nate Berkus, did any other woman out there die a little inside when she found out he was gay? No? Just Me? It kills me. That smile. That smile!
3. I have a Facebook page. Even though there’s a nifty little icon in the right-hand sidebar, I figured I should probably pimp this shit out more if I want a bigger platform and the ability to tell people, “I’m a writer” without having to follow up with, “on the side” when they ask me what I do for a living. Ah, dreams.
4. I feel like there was one other thing/random thought I was going to post about and muse upon, but honestly I don’t remember. I’m sleepy. I just want to go to bed. And do you really care anyway?
5. Last, but certainly not least, it’s RACE WEEKEND! Sunday is the Disney Princess Half, and despite the stupid shin splints (which have pretty much healed), the fact that mile 2 is the WORST MILE EVER, and a shred of self-doubt, I am planning on pwning this bitch. This is totally going to be me:
And this is the bling I’ll be sporting like a boss:
I’m bringing my notebook with me so I can blog it up, so we’ll see what actually happens. The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.
I will close out with post with this delightfully ridiculous mash-up of “Under the Sea” and “Ms. New Booty” my friend Olivia shared with me. Let it set the tone for the weekend. Enjoy!
P.S. The race picture is courtesy of runDisney. And by “courtesy” I mean, “copy and pasted into my blog.”